The Numbers – April 2010
The historically busy spring real estate market is in full swing. All activity (both on the buyer and seller sides) has picked up significantly in the Penticton’s real estate market. Despite supply outpacing increasing demand, we are also continuing to see across board price increases.
- There were 181 new listings in April 2010. 175 in April of 2009. March showed 193 new listings.
- Sales came in at 86 units sold where last year this month we had 76 units sold.
- sell/list ratio 48%
- average sales price $326,938
- sell price / list price 96%
- days on market averages 89 days last year average market time was 109 days
Buyers appeared to be hesitant. Prices generally continued in their upward trajectory, but with big jumps in inventory (new listings) and smaller increases in sales the upward pressure on prices eased.