Some things you should know about Naramata
- The local school goes to grade 5 and then kids attend middle and high school in Penticton
- There is a school bus service throughout most of Naramata.
- There is additional school bus services between Penticton and Naramata.
- Pre school is run seperately by the Naramata Playschool Society
- There is a marina and boat launch in Naramata
- Naramata is protected by a volunteer fire department
- Water, garbage & recycling are billed separately from property taxes at
approximately $220 per quarter.
- All properties are on septic fields, there is no sewer system in Naramata
- The governing body of Naramata is the Regional District of Okanagan-
Similkameen also known as the RDOS.
- Most property taxes for Naramata reflect a surcharge of $435/year due to a successful
law suit against the Naramata Irrigation District in 1997.
- As a local I have enjoyed the beautiful drive out to Indian Rock and about 20 minutes to Chute lake to enjoy dog walks, hiking, lodging/cabins hunting, horseback riding, snowmobiling and crosscountry skiing. A perfect place to enjoy what the Okangan is all about….the outdoors
- There is a sub division currently being offered for sale near Chute lake.
- There is no gas station in Naramata
Looking for a rare unique opportunity to own property in Naramata? Check out the newest townhomes apart of the Okanagan’s first affordable housing project!
One of my favorite local events in the summer the naramata fair.