Renovating for a Sale
Renovations can help your home!
I love doing renovations and some of them impact the homes value more than others. Here is a list to show the average return on investment for your renovations dollars.
The kitchen and bathroom are your best bets for renovation with the highest payback. Take a look at these average rates of return for home upgrades:
- Interior painting and décor - 73%
- Kitchen renovation - 72%
- Bathroom renovation - 68%
- Exterior paint - 65%
- Flooring upgrades - 62%
- Window/door replacement - 57%
- Main floor family room addition - 51%
- Fireplace addition - 50%
- Basement renovation - 49%
- Furnace/heating system replacement - 48%
- New lighting - 84%
Tip: Use neutral modern colours.